Mildura Rural City Council has finalised its transition out of delivering Aged and Disability home support services. This transition was completed on 30 June 2023.
Councillors formalised the decision to cease Aged Care services at the May 2022 Ordinary Council Meeting, following a three-month consultation period with staff, clients and the wider community, and significant age care industry reforms.
Councill services were transferred to new providers on the following dates:
- Home and Community Care – Program for Younger People (HACC-PYP) services 1 February 2023 (All HACC-PYP clients will receive their services through Sunraysia Community Health Services from 1 February 2023)
- Brokered services on 31 March 2023
- Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) services on 30 June 2023
The Commonwealth Government appointed new providers to deliver Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) services in the Mildura Local Government Area from 1 July 2023. They are:
LiveBetter Services Limited
|Mallee TrackHealth and Community Service
within the Mallee Track communities
|Sunassist Volunteer Helpers Inc.
Where possible, Council has shared client information to a client’s first preference provider. However, this was dependent on capacity, which is determined by the funding amount each provider has been allocated by the Commonwealth.
Due to the large number of people transitioning, those receiving Personal Care and Flexible Respite will be contacted as a priority, followed by those receiving other service types including Domestic Assistance and Property Maintenance. It is expected some customers may not be contacted by their new provider until mid-July.
To prepare for a possible gap in service provision we recommend that customers talk to their support network and make a plan, especially for Domestic Assistance services. If you have any concerns, please speak to your new provider directly, or contact Council on 03 5018 8100.
Assessment Update: The Regional Assessment (RAS) contract has been reallocated by the Department of Health to Sunraysia Community Health Services (SCHS), which can be contacted on 03 5025 9002.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why has Council exited aged care service delivery?
- Why is this decision in the best interests of the community?
- Who are the incoming providers?
- When will I find out who my new provider(s) is/are?
- When will I receive my first service from the new provider(s)?
- Why did I not get the provider(s) I selected as first preference?
- Why are the service fees different to the fee I was paying Council?
- If I am unhappy with my provider, can I swap?
- Where can I get further information?