This statement sets out information relating to personal information collected on the Your Say Mildura Rural City Council website. Council is committed to protecting your personal information.
Council provides links to websites outside of the Council service that members of the public may find useful. These linked sites are not under the control of Council. Council is not responsible, and accepts no liability for those linked websites or the conduct of organisations operating them. Before disclosing your personal information on any website other than the Council’s one, Council advises you to examine the terms and conditions of using those other websites.
When you browse Your Say Mildura Rural City Council, the system automatically collects information for statistical purposes such as the following and some of the information is also required to enable the Your Say Mildura Rural City Council website to communicate with your computer:
- server address
- domain name (eg: com, net, gov, au, etc)
- date and time and
- directories and files accessed.
The types of information collected may include:
- your name
- email address
- profile picture
- phone number
- your IP address
- user-agent string
- other unique ID numbers
- social network account IDs
- physical address, postcode, or other locational attributes
- demographic information such as age, gender, etc.
- your place of work
- information about your preferences and interests
- your recorded thoughts, ideas, opinions, etc. as expressed by you. This may include sensitive information if you provide political opinions.
In instances where personal information is collected, Council only collects the personal information on its website that you voluntarily tell Council (or in rare instances are obliged by law to tell Council, although not necessarily via its website). The purposes for collecting such personal information will be the purpose that is indicated on, or apparent from, Council’s Your Say website in each specific instance.
Council may use information collected in order to:
- allow you to access the site
- respond to your enquiries
- lodge service requests with Harvest
- comply with our contractual or legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have
- monitor sites to ensure adequate safety and security
- conduct de-identified research, analytics and business development
- improve our site
- if other required or authorised by law.
Council will store personal information collected from its website on secure servers protected in controlled facilities and/or in other internal controlled facilities.
Only Council and its members, employees and agents will use personal information collected on Your Say Mildura Rural City Council unless the law authorises or requires otherwise.
Access to personal information
If you would like to access, update, correct, complete or delete the personal information that the Mildura Rural City Council is holding about you, you are welcome to make these requests by emailing Council at email@example.com
If you have any further privacy queries, or you have a problem or complaint, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about privacy issues in Victoria visit the Privacy Victoria website.