Mildura Rural City Council’s Draft RV, Caravan and Camping Strategy is now available for public comment.
The strategy, which has been developed following extensive consultation with the industry, local owners and other stakeholders, aims to see our region capitalise on opportunities to grow RV, caravan and camping visitation.
The overall objectives of the strategy include:
- Encourage RV, caravan, and camping travellers to visit the municipality
- Enhance visitor experience, increase visitor expenditure, and prolong the length of stay
- Respond and adapt to shifting demand patterns, change and industry trends, catering for all users including people with disabilities and those travelling with pets
- Assist with meeting and managing the changing needs of a diverse range of travellers
- Develop a consistent approach across the municipality
- Sustainably protect and manage valued assets (natural and cultural)
- Supporting and enhancing local businesses
The strategy outlines some short, medium and long-term goals, including achieving RV-Friendly status for Mildura.
Copies of the Draft RV, Caravan and Camping Strategy are available on this website, or by visiting the Mildura Visitor Information and Booking Centre.
Written submissions on the draft strategy can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent to Mildura Rural City Council, PO Box 105, Mildura Vic 3502. Or you Share your Thoughts through this website.
Submissions closed 5pm on Monday 11 July.