The Mildura Regional Motorsport Strategy 2024 - 2028 is a new, innovative approach to growing motorsport in the Sunraysia region.
The strategy is based around increasing the capacity of local motorsport clubs, allowing them to grow their membership bases, improve their facilities and host bigger and more events among a host of benefits.
This collaborative approach to growing motorsport represents a first for the Sunraysia region, and possibly the country, allowing local clubs to drive the future direction and growth of their sport.
Progress so far
Work has been underway since March this year to develop the strategy, in close partnership with local motorsport clubs. This has included:
- About 40 one-on-one interviews with local motorsport club representatives, competitors and national motorsport bodies
- Site visits to all local motorsport venues
- Attendance at numerous local major motorsport events
- Post-event participant surveys
- Club facility audits
- Community focus sessions
- Development of strategic plans for local motorsport clubs
- Appointment of a Council-funded Project Delivery Officer.
A key action identified is the formation of a Regional Motorsport Alliance, comprising local motorsport club representatives, chaired by Mildura Mayor Liam Wood.
The Alliance has been formed and has already met for the
first time. It will continue to lead coordinated growth of motorsport in our
region once the strategy is in place.
The draft Mildura Regional Motorsport Strategy 2024 – 2028 is now available for public comment and can be downloaded from the link on this page.
Feedback can be provided until Wednesday 6 December.
The Mildura Regional Motorsport Strategy is largely funded by the Victorian Government.